With so many people suffering from sleep deprivation and losing sleep these days, people are confused over the terms and what their actual problem is.
Sleep deprivation is not a sleep disorder but a symptom of a disorder. So, you need to address the cause of your sleep deprivation in order to cure it. If a dog is barking outside your window all night and keeping you awake, then you are experiencing sleep deprivation. Stop the dog from barking and you have solved your problem.
when you are not getting enough sleep or you sleep so lightly that you don’t get a night of recuperative sleep. Of course, the side effect is sleep deprivation. Some people find they can’t fall asleep while others wake early and can’t get back to sleep. But sometimes it’s hard to find the reason you are experiencing insomnia.
Builds up over losing sleep
Insomnia could have come on because of some new stress in your life. Could be the lack of melatonin in your system. Sometimes there doesn’t seem to any reason but becomes self-perpetuating because of the anxiety that builds up over losing sleep.
Need Six to Eight Hours Deep Sleep
There is a lot of debate in the medical community on the effects of sleeplessness on people. Some even believe that less sleep is better while others believe that the common adult needs between six and eight hours of sleep a night.
Wake up Depending on Much Sleep
But no matter what the common wisdom is, your body will always tell you what’s best for it. We all know how we feel when we wake up depending on much sleep we got. Some people feel great after 5 hours of sleep while others would feel tired all day getting the same amount.
Getting Average Deep Sleep
If you are walking around in a slump and feeling sleepy all day, you are either not getting enough of, or not getting a deep enough sleep. By that I mean if you slept the normal 8 hours that usually makes you feel great, but you start to feel tired all the time then you are not getting a night of deep receptive sleep.
The only way you do this is by going through the 5 stages of sleep that will allow us to have a natural sleep cycle. You have to hit stage 5 to reach rapid eye movement or REM sleep.
Address the Issue of Sleep Deprivation
- If you think you got a night’s sleep but are still tired you might have another issue that you don’t realize like sleep apnea. That is why it is critical to address the issue of sleep deprivation early before it can cause other health risks.
- No matter how much sleep is right for you we do know that sleep itself is necessary. Those suffering from lack of sleep will start to develop symptoms of other issues that can be a result of lack of sleep.
- Depression for one can be a result of insomnia. A person missing too much sleep will tend to dwell on their problem and start to believe that there is no solution.
- This in turn can lead to a person becoming despondent that will feed on itself until they are in a full-blown depression. Now they have two problems to worry about.
READ ABOUT: Teeth Whitening FOR A CUTE SMILE
Some people worry about having an accident from the fear of getting dizzy from a lack of sleep. More than likely you will feel sluggish, less alert, and your reaction time might slow which could lead to an accident, but there is little evidence that sleep deprivation causes dizziness. More than likely you would have to be careful of getting depression which in turn can cause a lack of appetite, and hunger can lead to dizziness.
So, what starts out as a lack of sleep can bring on a more serious problem like depression, which in turn causes, other issues. So, people will associate their new symptoms like lack of appetite, dizziness, headaches, and nausea with insomnia.
Back to A Natural Sleep Cycle
When in reality they are the symptoms of another medical issue that resulted from the lack of sleep. So indirectly, not being able to sleep has caused your new issue but it needs to be recognized and treated for what it is.
- The key is not to let this go on too long before finding a solution to your sleeping problem. Seek help from your doctor so he can diagnose your issue.
- Then specific treatment can begin. Most doctors want to start you out with some sleep medication and if this gets you back to a natural sleep cycle within a few days then great.
Alternative Methods of Deep Sleep
However, if you don’t find yourself sleeping normally after a few days or even a few weeks then you should seek alternative methods, you don’t want to be on pills for an extended amount of time.
Meditation or exercise programs
There are a lot of natural methods to help you get back to sleep. Meditation or exercise programs to name a couple are excellent natural methods.
Examine Lifestyle and Diet
You also need to examine your lifestyle and diet to make sure there is nothing there that might be the cause of your insomnia.
If you are suffering from sleep deprivation due to insomnia or other reasons please seek help right away do not let this get out of control and become a more serious issue in your life. I hope this article will help you. If you have liked this please comment on it and share it with your friends.
If you would like to find A NATURAL WAY TO GET BACK TO SLEEP VISIT HERE and discover a natural drug-free way to get back to sleep tonight.